Clinical nutrition department (nutrition for wellness)
Our Nutrition Clinic is staffed with a caring team of registered, licensed dietitians. They will provide nutrition therapy and counseling to enhance your physician’s treatment plan. Our dietitians will work with you to create a personalized eating plan taking into consideration your medical conditions, unique lifestyle, food preferences and budget.
How does diet affect PCOS?
A proper diet and nutrition can help PCOS patients lose and manage their weight along with controlling their insulin levels as well.
However, insulin plays a significant role in PCOS, so managing insulin levels with a PCOS diet is one of the best steps people can take to manage the condition.
Upon booking your first appointment
We will ask you to fill out a 3-day food log.
Don’t worry, it’s not complicated. Just write all you eat, the amount, and the meal time over a period of three days.
On Your First Visit
- You will first be greeted by our receptionist or one of our team members.
- Your initial appointment, which typically lasts 30 minutes to 45 minutes, is the time when you and your dietitian will get to know each other and establish what you want to get out of your visits.
- Remember we love to listen so…
- Most of your time at the office will be spent talking with your dietitian who wants to get to know you as a person.
- This will help make an action plan that fits you and work seamlessly into your lifestyle.
- You will never hear us telling you, “you can never eat your favorite foods” or that “you must exercise in a specific way” we will work with you and help you make manageable changes.
- In addition, the dietitian will take time to become familiar with your medical history and eating habits in order to build a successful nutrition plan and make realistic goals.
- Follow-up appointments are about 30 minutes.
- We will take this time to discuss your progress.
- We will help you make the necessary eating habit changes over time as well as help you maintain these changes to eventually reach your goals.
- Follow-up appointments are scheduled anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months after your first visit.